Saturday 5 December 2015

40 Facebook Comments that speaks volumes on how Frustrated Kenyans are with KPLC

Today I decided to go through Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited’s Facebook page and to say the least I am shocked by what I see.
The Facebook page is full of concerns from KPLC customers which remains totally unanswered. There are complains all over, some bordering on utter frustration caused by KPLC poor services to the area.
As a part of my curiosity I decided to copy the comments from frustrated Kenyans as found in KPLC’s Facebook page as they are and posted them in my blog for all to see. I only copied a few of them, but there are numerous!

Read them and think, is KPLC serving Kenyans or just enriching itself at the expense of helpless Kenyans?


  1. No lights in some parts of kangemi. Imagine what it feels when u don't have power for 3 days but your neighbour has. I bought tokens za 200 and got 0.8 thn nikabuy 1000 nikapewa 41. Why do u do this. Why conning now while others get more tokens
  2. We have been having serious power shortages for the last one week.The fridge has become a drawer coz everything has gone bad.We have called many times to report only to be given refferences n empty promises.Tell me is this right.This is at hurlinghum ruai.This is posing a high security issue especially with this rains.KPLC please tell me if this is how to treat a customer.Our patience has run out. 
  3. You guys must be joking since since 7am to 7.30pm in roysambu!!!! We don't have power
  4. KPLC needs to style up! We use that 5551 no and get no respond! Last month forwarded account twice and got no response!!!
  5. Since Monday we have had lights on and off in Ngong upper Matasia. Today the whole day till now!!!! Would someone explain what is going on??? At this rate solar is the solution!! KPLC you have failed us!!!! There is only complains all over??!!!
  6. Aki jameni, kangemi full gospel. No power tangu Friday... Surely do something foods zinaharibika. Week hawezi ishaa lazima stima iende some days why???? 
  7. KPLC, what is bana? Lights along Waiyaki Way keep going off. Furthermore, all your hotlines are not going through, rather going through 50 bob of my credit trying to reach you people. This streak of electricity going off for the last couple of days without explanation or notice isn't funny.
  8. Here at makongeni estate jogoo road one phase is measuring a whoopinh 400Volts yet the other two phases have no a single voltagr, have you guys started transmitting 3phase voltage in a single line??????#CountingLoses NKT
  9. every time I buy tokens the meter keeps swallowing them even when the main switch of my house is off , is someone tapping the power?
  10. Please tell me whether I need to move out of South C. Each and every weekend/holiday we do not have power. I do not run a day care so when I really do need power is on...wait for it......WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
  11. Kplc surely,why do you like frustrating people like this?we are the reason why you people are there so please serve us wholeheartedly.I'm at donholm at my folks and their meter can not load units and now its gone off completely.when we call the customer care numbers we have no one picks up for a whole,I have gone to your donholm station and was assured that someone will be assigned to help and I have been patient all this time and to make the matters worse I have a baby and we are in blackout!!! if you can't help your customers let us know.kindly send someone to fix it.
  12. Someone clears electricty bill on Wednesday morning and reconnection fee,and uptodate sat morning,they are still in darkness,even after numerous calls and even follow-up at stima office in ngara.
  13. A limited liability Co. with very limited capacity to serve customers! Right now in Rarieda Asembo Bay power goes off & on as if some big baby is playing with a switch somewhere! Let me assure you that if any damage occurs to any of my electronics like it happened in 2013 then I will skin alive one of your lousy men and bury him alive!!!!!
  14. Very incompetent customer care.... Do you just employ quarks to manage you clients so sad.... How can one que on a phone waiting to be served for almost one hour..... My meter number is 01450305972.... Send me the tokens I have just purchased yet I have not received... Sheer incompetence and inconvenience
  15. What an incompetent company!! No power in Muinami Street, Pumwani for the last 5 days. We've been reporting and been promised that technicinas are on their way. Are they coming from heaven? How long does it take to reach Pumwani? It's been 5 days and still waiting. Reference number 2353288
  16. am a resident of Asembo Bay in Rarieda Sub County and I'd like to be very polite reporting this matter herein. On 4th/11/2015 we had a loud sound like an explosion from the transformer that supply electricity in our houses,this was followed by power outage till yesterday when we saw power again,unfortunately the power keeps going on & off every minute and it can't even play my radio or tv! This is happening even right now! Please it's devastating because folks need the power to run businesses yet it's not there! There's a KPLC BRANCH IN BONDO TOWN which happens to be our nearest branch,PLEASE KPLC,FIX THE PROBLEM! WE HAVE SUBSCRIBED TO OUR DIGITAL CONNECTIONS AND THE MONEY IS NOW GOING TO WASTE!!!!!!!! WE ARE SICK & TIRED
  17. Connect us at first, you keep on disconnecting for what? KPLC is the world's worst company! Kenya will never change with only one company in this kind of population! Who owns this kplc, where are the private companies? There should be at least over 30 different companies. , then kplc will STOP this bullshit! Kenyan citizen complaining.
  18. Your system has been problematic for over 48 hours without any communication from you. What do you expect us to do if we cannot purchase pre-paid tokens? In customer care matters you score a -1000000%
  19. Still wandering when will kplc nanyuki fix my house with power. Its 20 months since I paid my ref no. E25402012020014.
  20. Just asking, can I seek legal redress for the atrocities you people are committing against me? It is now three days, without power, I have contacted customer care 95551, only to recieve empty promises and no action, I tried to call the nearest office, 0202322755, the phone went unanswered and subsequently put off. Kindly advice me. 2464083-01 is my account number.
  21. DEADWOODS AT KENYA POWER SHOULD BE SHOUTED AT AND SHAMED. 
  22. On Wednesday evening at 6.15 p.m. I reported a dim light fault in my area which was recorded reference number and 36 hours later nothing has been done. At times the bulbs don't light at all, other times it is normal and other times it is totally dim. Who will save us from Kenya Power's lack of sensitivity to its customers problems? In the past when I had similar problem it took them only about 5 minutes to rectify they say it is a fuse problem but to come they take days. What kind of service is this? Who will tell Chumo that he and his team are always a shame. I remember I complained to the former incompetent man Engineer Njoroge about a transformer which is always a source of our problem JUST BEHIND UTHIRU HIGH SCHOOL asking why they can't replace it. It just ended like that. Nothing happened and Njoroge was promoted.JUST DEADWOODS QUICK AT COLLECTING MONEY AND POOR AT PROVIDING SERVICE. TO WHOEVER CARES TO READ THIS AND CAN PASS MY MESSAGE TO KENYA POWER: TELL THEM TO GO TO UTHIRU, BEHIND UTHIRU HIGH SCHOOL AND PARTS OF UTHIRU GICHAGI LET THEM TELL US WHEN THEY WILL RECTIFY OUR PROBLEM.
  23. hi, my name is George. on 1/05/2015, i tried to buy tokens via mpesa of 280 sh.you replied that the amount was not enough so i add 68sh to get token credit.even after sending you the 68sh, you never responded till today.i was forced to buy tokens from an agent.pls refund my money.mtr no 14228293321
  24. I think I'll move to another town. The power supply in this place is haunted. Rain, sunshine, mild weather, whatever whether, a blackout is mandatory. Don't take advantage of the ignorance of Webuye residents. We want reliable power. Do you want us to visit your offices with stones? Ama hawa officials wa webuye wanakula pesa ya upgrading?
  25. kplc, you must be joking, my current bill is ksh 6,518? in a small 2b/rm house?? bill no. is 0191874. This is crazy and if you follow my a/c you have always been overcharging me!!! Remember you changed my meter to digital after i complained of other exhorbitant bills of 3000/- and 4000/- back in 2014. Since then ive been paying on average 1,700 per month yet when i compare with other neighbours with identical appliances, they pay less than half my average bill. Unfortunately, you force one to pay these exorbitant bills before you can attend to him, just because you enjoy a monopoly in the country. Does it mean a common man has no redress? isnt this robbery without violence? How many millions do you make this way???
  26. 'm acustomer based in Nderema area ,Nyansiongo location Borabu s/cty Nyamira cty we have stayed minus power for 5months since the transformer got burned ,we have repeatedly talked to the Kplc to assist only for them to bring 3small cylindrical transformers without connection,kindly assist us to get power back.
  27. a/c 01450659535 phone 0721 390 846..the third time buying units through Air-tel Money with no response..KPLC call me NOW to get the transaction ID's and sort this mess up!
  28. I bought My Tokens Yesterday Evening,Twice and upto Now no feed back no tokens...you call centers are not going thrrough Could You Please assist meter 04216937815
  29. Useless save which electricity while we are always in darkness? Or is this the way this useless company intends to save power? Not a single so called emergency no goes through!!!! Who pays the expenses from spoilt food and blown up gadgets??!!!
  30. In Mombasa Barsheba area near kagujo, there is no power since Sunday...We've been calling you and you are not coming to attend to us.....!!!..What do you think about that?????
  31. Yani,no one wil ever say something positive about Kenya Power & Lighting Company (KPLC) and its become something so obvious that you guys just see it as something normal. But watch,time is running out. Btw,mwolem hakuna stima,the whole day.
  32. Dear boss plse can you look into our plight. Am a resident of katani in syokimau, we hve gone for almost week without yr power sir yr phones r switched off was gvn some nos for boaz n keitany they r always out of town with this kind of suffering shall we be able to realize our vision 2030. My no is 0773463869 a disappointed Kenyan
  33. Hopeless people,i payed for my new connection on 4th september 2013,ref . noE23502011120014. but to date nothing has happen yet the transformer is just 220 meters from my house .reason being,Chumo has refuse to give out poles up to now chumo is an obstacle.What chumo should be told is that i had my own account to keep my money and i did not ask kplc for such services except electricity connection.Also chumo should understand that kplc Directors come and go. otherwise he should by now prepare for my refund in full amount and remain with interest if that was his intention.
  34. Bondo is your worst station...Terribly mismanaged with reconnection taking upto 7 days some times...These phone numbers either belong to your ghost workers or nonexistent. ..Yaki.0710518071 or Monica.0724270207 or Tom.0722432066(The disconnector)...Arrogance of staff there is on top of thia world...
  35. We haven't had power at East capital Apartments kangundo rd,umoja 2 for the past seven days.7!!!all Kplc keeps doing is play PR with us by giving us endless ref nmbrs that don't assist n every time they call us,they keep asking us if elec is back,this is annoying since they knw they have not fixed it.Kplc have become ineffective n they are behaving like politicians,promising efficiency n doing completely the opposite.this is totally unacceptable.its the year 2015 in the capital city of Kenya n we go for awh ole week without power n yet we have kplc pretending to be working 24hrs!ITS ASHAME
  36. Total failures if u can't afford transformers and keep ua customers in darkness for months then you are disgrace to this nation.A/c no 3191912/01 lost power due to transformer three months ago. Contact 0721620163.Some of us we depends on this stima since we are jua Kali dependers.Or u want us become thieves because of ua failure..???
  37. Kplc you should be as quick in reconnection as you are in disconnection. Please recconect my account number 3468054-02 in syokimau. The inconvenience you've caused me is beyond words.
  38. Hi KPLC,Concerning ACCOUNT no.2955569-01.What miracle or tragedy converts a customer's meter readings ,previously an average 35 units of power to over 90 power units, just because the meter is faulty and can't display the consumption readings(BLANK METER SCREEN).What causes such a meter to be slapped with a Ksh.9000 before the meter is replaced and Ksh.4436 afterwards.Where did you get the readings for this amount when the meter was BLANK?Where did my KSH.500 that a MR. KIGUTA and I AGREED that I pay during the whole period that the meter was BLANK go to?Why can't your meter readers report faulty meters to your offices?I had to report it myself because they did not.HOWEVER they were soooo able to OVERSTATE my bill and did not even bother to indicate that it was ESTIMATED.Mr.Kiguta informed me that EVERY staff has his/her own duties.RIGHT.However, what's so hard about reporting a faulty meter immediately you notice it?Lastily,my landlord switches off every meter in debt.I did not even watch the 2014 WORLD CUP for this reason.Now where did this Ksh.13436 come from?I expected a refund of my Ksh.9000 not another unfair bill.Pliz I NEED your help because I currently UNFAIRLY disconnected.(0731788978/0727318304) 
  39. My business at big loss due to relocation I have patiently waited for power connection for the last 2 month.do i have to bribe to be connected I'm aware this is so happening.kindly concider this issues as emergency and priority if you support genuine customers plz connect me asap and we do business.
  40. Useless save which electricity while we are always in darkness? Or is this the way this useless company intends to save power? Not a single so called emergency no goes through!!!! Who pays the expenses from spoilt food and blown up gadgets??!!!
  41. we have no power in umoja victory hospital and innercore since sunday afternoon now three days...CEO kenya power do something


Do we really need KPLC? Does KPLC have a customer care center?  Why is it that not even a single positive comment is found in the page? Or, is the page under the control of some heartless robot that does not even have power to sample feedback from KPLC customers?

This is serious.

Did you find this article helpful? Then click the share button for your friends to read too. Thanks.

1 comment:

Do you love this article? Leave a comment for Feed Back.